Manitoba State Basketball Free Throw Competition - 2017
The Basketball Free Throw Competition for 2017 is fast approaching.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of this annual event to our councils and districts, our schools and communities and most importantly, to our youth.
It provides us all with a way to say thank you and to show our commitment to our youth through a very fun event.
For our 2017 Basketball Free Throw competition:
1) Please make sure your council’s arrange for their competition in January or early February;
2) Please make sure the District competition’s are held in February; and
3) Please be prepared to support your district winners in March, at the Manitoba State Competition to be held on March 11, 2017. We can always you your help morally and physically.
Some thoughts and reminders for the competitions:
1) District Deputies – you can pick up the District Winner medals at the Manitoba State Office;
2) If participation is low, consider:
a. Holding Council Competitions during lunch time in the schools;
b. Have the 1st and 2nd place children from the council event attend the district event.
3) This and further information will be posted on the Manitoba State Web Site.
Questions have been raised in the past regarding the participation of non-Catholic Schools in the Basketball FreeThrow event. Please pass on to all our councils that every school needs a sponsoring council, as this is a Knights of Columbus event. This can be done by associating a non catholic school with a neighbouring council that does not have a group attached. This can also provide the dual benefits of community awarenessof the Knights of Columbus leading to possible increased membership and lead to increases in our council and membership participation in this prestigious event.